Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's pronounced kay-MAN



We docked in Grand Cayman (pronounced kay-MAN, much to my surprise) at 8:00 a.m. We thought we would have a sleep-in this morning in light of our late night last night, but we were true to form and woke up early. We took the tender into Georgetown and walked several miles to Seven Mile Beach. This is a six-mile stretch (I know...it’s called seven mile) of the purest white powdered sand we have ever seen. The island is ringed with coral reefs and I think the sand must consist of powdered coral. It was beautiful and very easy to walk on.
We ‘borrowed’ lounge chairs from a resort hotel and spent a couple of happy hours watching the surf, reading our books and just dozing. On the walk back we stopped into a real estate open house. For about $1 million US, we could buy ourselves a four bedroom 30 year old house with nice garden and pool. If we don’t want to live in it ourselves, we can rent it (according to the realtor) for $6000 a month. Nothing we’re interested in, but perhaps that appeals to some of you?
Tonight there is a show featuring singing star Phillip Browne (King Mustafa in London’s The Lion King), then of course, the full-on dinner at 8:30. Life is tuff.  

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful Laurie and that pix of you sipping champagne is great! I read something heartening the other day in that two glasses of champagne are equivalent to one glass of wine! Sweet! and indeed, since London, I have found I quite enjoy the bubbly as compared to my past favorites.
    Still cold here, near minus 30, laundry pipes thaw and refreeze but I'm able to get a couple of loads in between the cycles. Good news is my car is working like a charm; bad news is the price the Mercedes dealership charged me for a battery and tow job. That's tow job, not.....

    Have a(nother) wonderful day!
    Love
    Sue

    ReplyDelete